Thank you for your interest in fostering a rescue Brittany!
Brittanys are extremely loving and intelligent dogs looking for a caring home to give them a second start at life. Fostering is a rewarding experience but also a big commitment and we want to make the best match possible for you and the Brittany.
One of the most important aspects of BRIT’s rescue organization is our Foster Care program. BRIT’s foster homes provide housing, medical care, rehabilitation, and love to Brittanys in need. Putting these “unwanted” Brittanys into a temporary loving environment allows them time to heal their wounds and gain confidence in their relationships with others before they go on to permanent placement.
A Virtual Home Visit needs to be completed before we can place a foster Brittany with you. This Home Visit is a great opportunity to find a good match for both you and the Foster Brittany, as well as any other pets you have. Once we receive your application, a volunteer will call to schedule a Virtual Home Visit at a time convenient for you and your family. Once approved, you will be matched with a Brittany that needs a foster home.
- The process can take 2-3 weeks. Please be patient with us as we are an all-volunteer organization.
- All Brittanys will be spayed or neutered, fully vaccinated, microchipped, and tested for heartworms before going to the foster home.
- If needed, basic obedience training may be provided (at BRIT’s expense).
- The Foster care home shall treat the rescue Brittany as part of the family, including it in all family events.
- While in foster care, each Brittany’s health and temperament will be evaluated. Your input of the Brittany’s character and personality helps BRIT find the best forever home for each foster Brittany.
Please fill out the following application to the best of your knowledge and contact us if you have any questions. Your application is for the use of Brittany Rescue in Texas only and will not be shared with anyone outside of BRIT.
4 Easy Steps:
- Read and agree to our Foster Guidelines here (including responsibilities, items needed, and more)
- Fill out this form
- Click the CAPTCHA “I’m Not A Robot” security button
- Click the Submit button
NOTE: You must do ALL FOUR STEPS. After completing the form, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. If you are not redirected, we did NOT receive your application.
- Once we have reviewed your application, you will receive an email from us.
Please note – We are a volunteer organization and strive to contact potential fosters within a two-week period.