Thank you for your interest in adopting a rescue Brittany!
Brittanys are extremely loving and intelligent dogs looking for a caring home to give them a second start at life. Fostering or Adopting is a rewarding experience but also a big commitment and we want to make the best match possible for you and the Brittany. You can find our Foster & Volunteer application here.
Please read this page carefully.
- We do NOT ship Brittanys out of state.
BRIT adoption families must reside in The Great State of Texas. BRIT does not have an out-of-state transportation system, nor are we able to do out-of-state home visits. If you live outside of Texas (bless your heart), please contact your local Brittany rescue group.
- BRIT Brittanys are spayed/neutered, current with vaccinations, heartworm tested, and microchipped prior to placement.
- Our adoption application is detailed to help us find a good fit; the more details you give us, the better chance we have of finding the perfect Brittany for your family.
- Adoption applications are required.
- Adoption fees are paid at time of adoption
- BRIT often receives multiple applications for the same Brittany.
Our goal is to place the Brittany in the best home possible, based on the Brittany’s needs, personality, health status and past history. Adoptions are NOT done on a first come, first served basis.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee the adoption of any BRIT Brittany.
- BRIT’s mission is to serve the best interests of the Brittanys in its care. Therefore, BRIT reserves the right and sole discretion to refuse an adoption to anyone for any reason.
- PLEASE NOTE – because we are a volunteer-run organization, and spend many hours on the road transporting Brittanys, it may take up to two weeks for us to review your application and get back to you. Thank you for your patience with us.
Please fill out the following application to the best of your knowledge and contact us if you have any questions.
3 Easy Steps:
- Fill out this form
- Click the CAPTCHA “I’m Not A Robot” security button
- Click the Submit button
NOTE: You must do ALL THREE STEPS. After completing the form, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. If you are not redirected, we did NOT receive your application.
- Once we have reviewed your application, you will receive an email from us which details our home-visit and matchmaking procedures.
Please note – We are a volunteer organization and strive to contact potential fosters within a two-week period.